Saturday, March 8, 2008

Couldn't Stand the Weather

Steven and I took an outing to the Outlets today. The weather was a little drizzly, but nothing to be concerned about. We didn't bother to bring an umbrella. (This would also be called, "tempting fate.")

DSC_1597

We enjoyed our Outlet shopping, although we didn't buy anything. Steven encapsulated the experience perfectly with this remark: "You know, you come here, and you expect to find great deals, and then everything's just still sort of expensive."

On the way back to the car, I remarked at how pretty and blue the sky was. And then I noticed something.

DSC_1647

Something very dark and very ominous was approaching.

DSC_1644

And it was coming our direction really, really fast.

DSC_1643

We jumped in the car and raced out of there, trying to outrun the storm.

DSC_1653

But it was gaining on us.

DSC_1658

The amazing part was how distinct the line was between crazy-stormy-sky and perfectly-calm-blue.

DSC_1671

(And in case you were curious, we lost the race.)

DSC_1665

So much for my grandiose plans of gallavanting around in the beautiful Spring weather.

DSC_1610

--------------------

Just prior to said storminess, I managed to find enough sunlight to show you my latest little something.

DSC_1691

Just a little blanket in mercerized cotton, to use up some lingering old stash and make room for NEW stash. :) (I can hear Steven groaning at this point.)

DSC_1693

I can't decide if its going to be a gift or if I'm just going to stockpile it for someday. :) It's kinda messy up close, and probably not fit to be gifted. I suppose there will be plenty of time to fret over the fate of a baby blanket once its finished.

DSC_1599

As for right now, its simple and methodical, and its little checkered-and-pale-banana-yellowness makes me smile.

1 comment:

laura (knittinkitties) said...

just want to compliment you on your pictures. you take really good and CLEAR ones. i was reading this wondering if i had done that with my camera, they wouldn't come out NEARLY as clear! congrats!

i'm in the market to get a camera soon with an automatic setting ;-)