Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Sweaters, Books, Cannoli

I was making this for my boss' soon-to-be-born grandbaby, based on the Elizabeth Zimmerman February Baby Sweater pattern. Here's a better version -- the lace pattern is too much for me though, so I changed it to straight stockinette.

DSC_1507

And I say "was" making it, because now it is nothing more than a pile of balled up Pepto-colored yarn. I ripped the whole thing out last night -- it just wasn't right. Its supposed to fit a 9-month-old, and it would maybe have fit a newborn baby. Boo. Will try again with bigger needles and more patience. Right now, me and this used-t0-be-a-sweater are spending some time apart.

DSC_1506

Steven would like to take this opportunity to show you how clean and beautiful the apartment has become, and all as a result of his hard work. (Well, actually this was yesterday, but who's counting? It's still moderately clean....). Also, Steven would like to mention that a clean apartment will better showcase a certain newly-purchased technological item.

DSC_1492

So I'm enjoying our sparkly clean apartment, and I'm reading a book that comes highly recommended from a dear, dear friend. Jenn has been raving about this book ever since it came out, and I've just now gotten a chance to sit down and read it. I'm currently in the part of the book set in Italy, and now I want to go to Italy.

DSC_1489

All of this being-done-with-the-bar-exam-and-being-a-grown-up is hard work. I'm exhausted and its only Tuesday. Whoever decided that people should work from 9 to 7ish? I am not a fan. I think they probably only work from like 10 AM to 3 PM in Italy. And they take breaks for espresso. And linguine. And cannoli. And then more espresso.

My kind of place.

2 comments:

tracy said...

OOH! HEATHER! I am envious that you get to read Eat Pray Love for the first time. I wish I could do that again. I love that book so much. I think it's absolutely beautiful. I should go re-read it over the break...

Jaimy said...

I'm with Tracy. I read it over Christmas this year and it raced up to the top of my all-time favorites. Reading it is such an amazing journey, especially during this stressful time in our lives (because I admit, there was some jealousy that I couln't take off to Italy, India, and Bali). Enjoy!! :) And congrats on being done with another bar exam!