Friday, March 14, 2008

Sugar Fix

A long day in court + the end of a long week = a desperate need to use my KitchenAid mixer.

DSC_1778

A pack of Baker's Chocolate had been languishing in my cabinet for far too long -- crying out to be made into Smitten Kitchen's outrageous brownie recipe.

DSC_1775

So I mixed and sloshed and stirred and scraped, and this is the end result.

DSC_1774

Actually, we devoured the end result, so all you get for eye candy is the empty bowl. They were marvelous.

------------------

Court went well. Nothing terrible happened, so that's good. I tend to worry, as anyone who knows me can testify. I worry the most on Thursday evenings, when we have big court cases on Fridays, and yesterday was one of those Fridays.

So, to keep me from worrying and stressing this past Thursday, Steven took us out shopping at Best Buy (he wants a Playstation 3), and then to DSW Shoe Warehouse. After perusing the uber-fabulous and uber-overpriced shoes (even for a warehouse!), we had dinner at a fabulous hole-in-the-wall Italian place. It was a really authentic little place -- a much needed break from the Olive Gardens of the world. And it was so nice to just sit and relax for a few minutes and stop obsessively thinking about all the possible scenarios that could erupt in court the next day.

And, like always, the worrying was for naught, and the cases were quick and painless. To celebrate, I intend to read something flighty and completely un-intellectual:

DSC_1781

Chick lit, from the queen of chick-lit herself, author of the Shopaholic series. (Winner of several literary awards for depth and content, as I'm sure you can imagine.) I hope my brain just oozes out my ears by the end of it. :)

1 comment:

Erica said...

ooooh brownies!!!!! I'm craving now. I must hear about this Italian place...

selbuvotter pics up on ravelry now.