Saturday, June 7, 2008

Synchronicity

I just recently finished reading this adorable book about a girl named Julie who spent a year cooking her way through Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking. It was very cute, and having read it, I am completely certain that I will not be cooking my way through Mastering the Art of French Cooking, since French cooking apparently entails plenty of marrow bone, aspic, and various offal meats (kidney, liver, etc.). No thanks, I'll stick with California Tortilla.

DSC_3840

And on the day I finished the Julie book, an invitation from my friend-and-college-roommate Julie came in the mail! In which we are cordially invited to a delightful summer wedding-rehearsal picnic.

DSC_3839

I love it when things match up like that.

I finished another knit recently, but I haven't sewn up all the bits yet, so I'll just give you a glimpse.

DSC_3846

It was supposed to be a little cotton sweater for my boss' granddaughter, but I haven't decided if its really up to par.

DSC_3848

Also, its June, and it was 101 degrees outside today, per the temperature gage in Steven's car. Cotton or not, I could be taken for a crazy person trying to give a baby sweater in this weather.

DSC_3849

Hopefully, the cuteness factor will give me a little leeway in the crazy department. I think I may be willing to risk it.

No comments: