Sunday, June 1, 2008

The First Day of June

Happy birthday to meeeee! The moment for the big reveal is here, and here's what Steven gave me for my bday.

DSC_4101

Uber-fabulous! I am very excited.

DSC_4100

These are: (1) a speedlight flash, (2) a 55-200 lens (zoom, baby!), and (3) three macro filters (makes small stuff magnified). Thanks babe -- I loooove it all!

And come to find out, Steven happens to be a better photographer than me!

DSC_4097

Check out his newly-begun portfolio:

DSC_3972

DSC_4040

DSC_4041

DSC_4051

DSC_4081

Since it was gorgeous outside (and seriously, does this not look like a cartoon, its so nice?), we went house-shopping in the morning.

DSC_4002

Our most recent favorite was already under-contract, but at $399K, its a total steal.

DSC_4007

Most places under $400K are connected by a wall to some other place...

DSC_4049

Which is why I imagine our steal-of-a-deal had already been stolen by the time we got there. We looked at a few other places, but nothing really struck our fancy, so we headed back home and went on a picture-taking walk to the park. Mostly we were trying to figure out how to take a somewhat-flattering picture of the butchering I caused to my hair last night at the salon. Steven and his photography skills did an amazing job, however, my hair is remarkably orange. I will probably be headed back to the salon soon to fix this.

DSC_4039

This does not mean they are a bad salon -- my hair just has a tendency toward Ronald-McDonald-ness.

DSC_4059

I was going for blonde. I guess we have a few more steps before we get there. So anyway - here's what I look like as an officially-twenty-seven-year old. A bit bossy and a bit brassy. :)

DSC_4078

Carlie The Dog says happy birthday to mom and also that she is guarding the tomato plants, so don't worry.

DSC_4031

Happy June, everybody!

1 comment:

The Mulvihills said...

Happy Birthday, Heather! These are amazing pictures! I love your new book photo also!

Hope you had a fab day! We love you!