Saturday, August 16, 2008

No, Seriously. I May Have a Problem, Here.

Remember when I told you that I could potentially have a baby sweater addiction?

DSC_7843

I wasn't kidding. Its starting to get dangerous.

DSC_7846

This post could alternatively be titled: Elizabeth Zimmerman is a genius. Back in 1968, she wrote up this pattern, and its still wildly popular today. And I can see why.

DSC_7845

The little suckers go like lightning.

Baby Surprise Jacket, by Elizabeth Zimmerman
(Available in The Opinionated Knitter or directly from Schoolhouse Press)

DSC_7847
Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock - Rainbow

Steven says this one looks "festive" and possibly "southwestern."

DSC_7848

It still needs buttons. And a kid to put it on.

DSC_7851

The one below is a deeper blue than the picture even shows. I love the color. I only did three buttonholes at the top of this one, instead of five along the edge like I did in the Rainbow one.

DSC_7852
Colinette Jitterbug - Midnight Blue

I could possibly gift this less-southwestern-looking version to a pregnant friend who is ready to pop, but I'm not sure what gender her baby will be. And I don't know how she'd feel dressing a little girl in such a dark blue. Maybe I could girl-ify it with a ribbon or pink buttons or something.

DSC_7841

Step one. Acknowledge that you have a problem.

DSC_7842

I think we're making significant progress.

1 comment:

Ms. Debbie said...

I LOVE the sweaters! Any possibility you can share the patterns or tell me where to find them? You are so gifted! And what a blessing to be on the receiving end!