Saturday, August 1, 2009

Almost Ready...

The tomato garden is full of almost ready tomatoes.

DSC_2684

Little baby ones, just sprung from their yellow flowers...

DSC_2679

And big plump green ones, as big as both of my hands put together.

DSC_2673
DSC_2680

One of them has even started turning a yellowy-pink color. But they aren't quite ready yet. They need a little more time. (And I'm so impatient!)

DSC_2678

This is the first time I've planted heirloom tomatoes; these are Pink Brandywines. I can't wait to slice them up into caprese salads. Maybe in a couple of weeks?

2 comments:

Marci said...

my grandfather always says to pick them as soon as they get the smallest amount of color on them . . . otherwise, you might miss it and they'll be mushy on the vine. (He's been growing tomatoes for longer than I've been alive, I'm sure.) Also, I love a good caprese salad! MMM!

Arroz con Mango said...

It was so good to meet you too! I love these tomato pictures. They are beautiful!