Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Brace Yourselves

About two and a half years ago, Steven decided he wanted to get braces.

DSC_8130

Throughout the process, he went through a great deal of pain (including having 5 (five!) teeth pulled) and a great many tiny little orthodontic rubber bands (which he would leave around the house in convenient places such as: The Fireplace Mantel! The Kitchen Counter! Way Too Close To My Toothbrush!).

DSC_2694

And today, I am pleased to announce to the world that our days of orthodonty are over! (At least, until we have teenage kids, that is...)

Doesn't he look great? Go Steven!

DSC_2693

And, to give the full effect, here are the before and after pictures the orthodontist took: (before is on the left, after is on the right)

DSC_2699
Clearly we must have started the running after he got the braces on -- he got straighter teeth and dropped 20 lbs. I am quite jealous.

DSC_2692

In true Steven form, he got home, looked in the mirror and said, "Ok. Straight teeth. What should I do next?"

Ever ambitious, that Steven Steele.

DSC_2690

Congratulations, dear, on your No-More-Braces-Day. I am very proud of you. (P.S., you'd better not lose that retainer, or its coming out of your allowance.)

2 comments:

The Mulvihills said...

Yippee!!! The braces are off! I'm excited to see your teeth next week! I think your hair even looks better in the 'after' shot! Fun times!

Mom said...

Tip: For some unknown reason puppies LOVE to eat retainers. Also Burger King trash cans collect retainers too.

Congratulations, Steven. Smooth teeth feel great. I was 26 when I got my braces off; when Heather was a toddler.