Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What? You Think I Stopped Knitting?!

Oh, the knitting never truly stops. It just slows down based on whatever else has grabbed my interest in the interim.

DSC_2803

But when the newest obsession resides, the knitting is right there waiting. Sort of like a stalker made of yarn. Kind of scary now that I think about it. Like that Geico dollar bill creature. That thing freaks me out.

DSC_2809

Another reason the knitting never stops? Because everyone we know keeps procreating. And tiny babies = tiny knitting, which I absolutely cannot resist. So be fruitful and multiply, ya'll. I'll be right here churning out the infant sweaters.

DSC_2808

This one is a favorite pattern of mine. Its Elizabeth Zimmerman's "February Baby Sweater," from the book Knitter's Almanac. Its done in Louet Gems Pearl, and it took a little more than one skein.

And I adore it. I finished it off with some pearl snaps which are, admittedly, kind of difficult to un-snap. Let's just hope the mom-to-be doesn't feel like bothering to snap her kid into the sweater and just uses it like a cardigan...

DSC_2804

This little sweater was so fun and quick that I've started another one, this time in purple for a co-worker's sister-in-law's baby. (I am clearly a fiend for baby sweater requests, no matter how far removed the actual baby is from my daily existence.)

2 comments:

Marci said...

I absolutely adore that baby sweater! Will you take orders? I'm not kidding. How much would you charge? Of course, of course, it's for a baby I know. : )

Mom said...

I LOVE this baby sweater. The color is really pretty and the design in knitting is amazing.

Do you ever sleep? You are the most productive person I know.

I love you always,
Mom