Friday, May 28, 2010

Adventures in Gardening

Um, the garden is totally out of control.

DSC_5499

Steven had to trim back the zucchini plant because we couldn't shut the fence gate.

DSC_5503

My favorite thing we've planted this year? Snow peas.

DSC_5500

They are growing like crazy. I trellised them about a month ago, and they are quickly overwhelming the trellis.

DSC_5502

Here they are, freshly picked and washed. We had them for dinner as a side to our beef stroganoff. (Yes, hamburger helper. Don't judge me. You know you've been there.)

DSC_5495

I am looking forward to having these raw, too, with some ranch dip maybe!

DSC_5496

The next interesting thing we might try from the garden? Squash blossoms.

DSC_5504

I hear you are supposed to eat them fried. And where there's squash, tomatoes can't be far behind. We have flowers on the tomato plants already.

DSC_5506

Hello summer! Bring on the tomatoes!

1 comment:

Marci said...

my goodness! your garden is crazy. I can't wait to see how your squash do. I've already put in my "order" from my grandfather's garden. Squash is one of my favorite veggies. I've never had a squash blossom though. I'm curious about that one.