Saturday, February 7, 2009

Proof That No One Really Reads Their Email Anymore

These are all from last week.

Example Email 1:

From: Steven
To: Coworker
Subject: The File You Requested

Coworker,

Here is the file you requested. It is password protected. Please use this password: jtle%$435

Thanks,

Steven

----------------------

From: Coworker
To: Steven
Subject: RE: The File You Requested

Steven,

I can't open this file -- there is a password. Can you send me the password?

Thanks,

Coworker

-------------------------------------

Example 2:


Friday, 3:52 PM


From: Heather
To: Coworker
Subject: Next Week

Dear Coworker,

On Monday of next week, let's discuss that issue with the Pruitt file. Maybe around 10 AM?

Thanks,

Heather

-----------------------------
Friday, 3:53 PM
[Coworker, arriving in doorway of Heather's office:] "Hey, got your email. You wanted to see me about the Pruitt file?"

--------------------------------------
Example 3:

From: Heather
To: Coworker
Subject: Margo Case
Attachment: File.doc

I've completed my review of the file for the Margo Case. Here it is for your review. Let me know when you want to discuss.

Thanks,

Heather

--------------------

From: Coworker
To: Heather
Subject: RE: Margo Case

Heather,

Can you please send me the file to look at?

Thanks.

-------------------------------

(And my personal favorite:)
Example 4:

From: Steven
To: Coworker
Subject: Paperwork

Dear Coworker,

I have completed the paperwork you needed. I can have it ready for you next week. What day would you like to come pick it up?

Sincerely,

Steven

-------------------------

From: Coworker
To: Steven
Subject: RE: Paperwork

Cool.

2 comments:

laura said...

if i had a nickel for every time something similar has happened to me....

tracy said...

arghhhh!!!! so true!!!!