Sunday, December 6, 2009

Oh, The Weather Outside Is Frightful

This is what it looked like when I woke up yesterday.

DSC_4642

And this is what it looked like by lunch time.

DSC_4646

Snow!

DSC_4648

I love it. We stayed in all day yesterday, hunkered down in sweatshirts and thick socks. It was delicious.

Steven did manage to sneak out of the house yesterday evening to snap a picture of the house.

DSC_4649

I love the lights. To me, they say: "Welcome! Come and visit us!"

DSC_4655

And, since the weather was making everything feel so Christmassy, we decided to go ahead and put up the tree.

DSC_4663

(Its plastic.)

(But we did get a real wreath for the door.)

DSC_4660

Someone also got to wear one of his Christmas t-shirts. The title was quite appropriate today, as he was trying to bite each ornament as I hung them on the tree.

DSC_4666

Kyle Orton even came over to our house this afternoon, just to hang out with the dog.

DSC_4668

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care . . . in hopes that they won't spontaneously combust when we actually turn the fireplace on.

DSC_4680

It was a very relaxing weekend with much lollygagging around.

DSC_4670

Just what we needed. Merry early Christmas, everybody!

2 comments:

The Mulvihills said...

Ooooh! I miss you two so much! The Christmas decorations look great! I especially love the wreath for the front door. Great job!

Mom said...

Kim, at my office, would like to know where you found the t-shirt for Pringles...

Love your warm, welcoming home and decorations.