A smattering of randomness for all of you that figured I must have either (a) passed out at my desk or (b) decided to head on back to Italy and become an ex-pat:
1. I've created an unreasonable schedule for myself. It starts like this: "Wake up at 5:00 AM" and it just goes downhill from there. The sleep debt finally caught up with me last weekend and I ended up falling asleep every time I sat down. I finally started to feel a bit more human by Monday morning, but then I slept in again this morning, sort of accidentally-on-purpose, mostly because it just felt better to sleep than to get up and try to exercise at some ungodly hour of the dark, cold morning.
2. When you are somewhat sleep deprived, things like this happen:
Diagram A: I opened a new box of Raisin Bran Crunch this morning.
Diagram B: And apparently I still need more sleep.
3. The hubby is growing a beard. I find it quite dashing.
4. Also doesn't he look so skinny these days? He's running like crazy - 5K's, 10K's, you name it, he's out there plodding out the miles. I can tell he's turning into a "Runner" because he's been talking about things like "winter running gear" and "running playlists on the iPod." We even got that cool Nike+ system where you put a little plastic sensor in your shoe and it measures how far you run.
5. I am loving the fall weather and the leaves changing, and if I can somehow remember to bring my camera, I will show you my beautiful new drive to work each day, down a long tree-lined road just bursting with fall colors.
6. I am also loving the foods of the season. I made myself some sweet potato soup from this recipe a week or two ago, and it was really delicious.
7. Speaking of delicious fall foods, look what came in the mail! (Thanks mom!) I am going to make us an amazing breakfast this weekend (albeit we might not eat till 1 PM if I keep having this weird sleep-deprived thing going on, but you know, whatever).
8. Carlie had an eye-scratch issue last week, but she's all better now. Back to her normal nuzzling slightly weird-smelling self.
9. And gosh we just love her.
10. And just to round out this Top Ten List of Randomness, Steven and I have scientifically determined that you cannot, absolutely, unequivocally cannot eat 6 saltines in under one minute. You just can't. Try it for yourself if you don't believe me.
11. Ok, I lied. Its a Top Eleven list now. I promise I'll be back to the blog world more now that I've finally got a computer again that doesn't in some way belong to Steven. (He is so darned particular about his computers, it was easier to just go on an internet-fast for a few weeks.) :) But now I'm back! ("From outer space! I just walked in to find you here with that sad look upon your face, I shoulda changed that stupid lock, I shoulda made you leave your key....")
12. And now that song is stuck in your head. You're welcome.