Tuesday, October 27, 2009

And So You're Back... From Outer Space....

A smattering of randomness for all of you that figured I must have either (a) passed out at my desk or (b) decided to head on back to Italy and become an ex-pat:

1. I've created an unreasonable schedule for myself. It starts like this: "Wake up at 5:00 AM" and it just goes downhill from there. The sleep debt finally caught up with me last weekend and I ended up falling asleep every time I sat down. I finally started to feel a bit more human by Monday morning, but then I slept in again this morning, sort of accidentally-on-purpose, mostly because it just felt better to sleep than to get up and try to exercise at some ungodly hour of the dark, cold morning.

2. When you are somewhat sleep deprived, things like this happen:

Diagram A: I opened a new box of Raisin Bran Crunch this morning.

DSC_4174

Diagram B: And apparently I still need more sleep.

DSC_4176

3. The hubby is growing a beard. I find it quite dashing.

DSC_4178

4. Also doesn't he look so skinny these days? He's running like crazy - 5K's, 10K's, you name it, he's out there plodding out the miles. I can tell he's turning into a "Runner" because he's been talking about things like "winter running gear" and "running playlists on the iPod." We even got that cool Nike+ system where you put a little plastic sensor in your shoe and it measures how far you run.

DSC_4180

5. I am loving the fall weather and the leaves changing, and if I can somehow remember to bring my camera, I will show you my beautiful new drive to work each day, down a long tree-lined road just bursting with fall colors.

6. I am also loving the foods of the season. I made myself some sweet potato soup from this recipe a week or two ago, and it was really delicious.

7. Speaking of delicious fall foods, look what came in the mail! (Thanks mom!) I am going to make us an amazing breakfast this weekend (albeit we might not eat till 1 PM if I keep having this weird sleep-deprived thing going on, but you know, whatever).

DSC_4181

8. Carlie had an eye-scratch issue last week, but she's all better now. Back to her normal nuzzling slightly weird-smelling self.

DSC_4185

9. And gosh we just love her.

DSC_4184

10. And just to round out this Top Ten List of Randomness, Steven and I have scientifically determined that you cannot, absolutely, unequivocally cannot eat 6 saltines in under one minute. You just can't. Try it for yourself if you don't believe me.

DSC_4182

11. Ok, I lied. Its a Top Eleven list now. I promise I'll be back to the blog world more now that I've finally got a computer again that doesn't in some way belong to Steven. (He is so darned particular about his computers, it was easier to just go on an internet-fast for a few weeks.) :) But now I'm back! ("From outer space! I just walked in to find you here with that sad look upon your face, I shoulda changed that stupid lock, I shoulda made you leave your key....")

12. And now that song is stuck in your head. You're welcome.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

awww. carly looks so pitiful....:) and yes, thankyou heather...that song will most certianly be there all day. AND being that my day started at the ungodly hour of 5 a.m. and it is now 6:57...i would classify that as all freakin day. :) love you. so glad your back (dah dah dah) from outer space (ba ba) ...ok...sorry. :)

Jennifer said...

i love that you took a picture for us to see that you opened the cereal box upside down. these are just a few of the most fabulous reasons why iloveyou so much. an yes..steven is looking great! go steven!

The Mulvihills said...

I Heart Carly! She is such a sweetie!

Julie said...

i love you list :) and YOU NEED MORE SLEEP!!! excercise somewhat voids itself if you're sleep deprived... just sayin'

i want to see the tree lined street! show me! and how do you like the nike tracker thing? i've been debating a possible purchase and i want your opinion.