Steven had to trim back the zucchini plant because we couldn't shut the fence gate.
My favorite thing we've planted this year? Snow peas.
They are growing like crazy. I trellised them about a month ago, and they are quickly overwhelming the trellis.
Here they are, freshly picked and washed. We had them for dinner as a side to our beef stroganoff. (Yes, hamburger helper. Don't judge me. You know you've been there.)
I am looking forward to having these raw, too, with some ranch dip maybe!
The next interesting thing we might try from the garden? Squash blossoms.
I hear you are supposed to eat them fried. And where there's squash, tomatoes can't be far behind. We have flowers on the tomato plants already.
Hello summer! Bring on the tomatoes!
1 comment:
my goodness! your garden is crazy. I can't wait to see how your squash do. I've already put in my "order" from my grandfather's garden. Squash is one of my favorite veggies. I've never had a squash blossom though. I'm curious about that one.
Post a Comment