We bought a couple of little desserts to try, including what looked like a tiny layered cake with an icing flower piped onto the top.
It tasted like tiramisu and it was delish, if altogether a bit dry.
We also bought a tiny chocolate cake, mostly because it was so wee that I had to have it.
It, also, was delicious.
And then, because the bakery is still trying to get the word out about its grand opening, the owners gave us a third dessert to try.
This one was a Boston Creme Pie with teeny sprinkles around the edges. So cute.
And to top off the cuteness factor, the bakery packaged up all of our little one-person cakes in a little origami fold-up box.
I especially appreciated the nod to Van Gogh. Classic. The place also serves lunch wraps and frozen yogurt, and those bubble tea drinks with the enormous straws. I am not a fan (it is extremely horrific to sip your drink and have some huge awful thing come up the straw), but if its your cup of tea (pun intended), they have a bunch of different flavors.
Overall, I'd give them a B+ for the pastries. We'll probably go back, if only to get another cute little carrying box.
Shilla Bakery
3250 Old Lee Hwy
Fairfax, VA 22030
(703) 352-1446
3 comments:
lol! I LOVE bubble tea, but Eric shares your visceral horror.
Good for you for trying, though:)
Looks totally delish! If I'm ever up there, I shall try it!
Mmmmm...wishing I had the Boston Creme pie right now!
Post a Comment