I promised myself that, upon completion of the bar, I was allowed to do something creative and non-legal. (Not ILLEGAL, mind you. Just something that doesn't involve remembering the elements of res ipsa loquitur.) Enter a few of my favorite things:
I have plans to make a big, comfy, cotton blanket, for wrapping up at night while we wait for Spring to arrive. I'm imagining a bright, happy combination of colors. Something sunny.
When Steven asked me what I wanted for Christmas back in 2006, I said "crayons...the big box."
How anyone can function without ninety-six colors and a built-in sharpener is completely beyond me.
I tried out a few combos, to decide which colors of yarn to buy.
(Okay, I tried out a LOT of combos.) I find this an ironic combination of the two sides of my brain -- coloring with crayons, but on GRAPH PAPER. I am nothing if not an enigma. :)
I think I've decided on these three blues, with a white square in the middle:




Can you picture it? I think I like it -- summery, breezy, ocean-y. But I can't quite pull the trigger and order the yarn for some reason. I'm still mulling it over.
I have my "bar socks" to tide me over until I make a decision.
I started working on these about a week before the bar -- I would do a few rows each night when my brain couldn't take any more studying. Tweedy, but cute.
And tomorrow is court again. Yes, they are throwing me right back in the ringer on the-day-after-the-day-after-the-bar. That's fine, I can take it -- I'm Hammerin' Heather Steele. Bring it!
2 comments:
big time bonus points for the wrestling clip
I can't wait for the day when I can use the artsy part of my brain again :)
Post a Comment