Saturday, March 10, 2012

Fastest Month Ever

Scarlett is a month old already.
DSC_0028
Really she's nearly a month and a half old now, since her one month birthday was March 1.
DSC_0026
She weighed in at 10 lbs. 4 oz. for her 4 week appointment, which makes a mommy very proud. (Although I still think she looks like a tiny doll baby.)
DSC_0048
Sophie is getting used to having a sister.  Every so often, she will be doing something else and suddenly "remember" that Scarlett is around, and she will turn to Scarlett and say, "Hi Baby!"
DSC_0050
Today we were at Target, with Scarlett in her carseat in the basket of our cart, and Sophie sitting in the front of the cart in the child seat.  Sophie turned around halfway through our Target trip and gasped and said, "Hi Baby!" as if she'd just realized Scarlett was with us in Target.  It was adorable.
DSC_0053
One of the most deliciously wonderful parts of having two little girls is getting to dress them the same!  Nana sent us a few matching outfits, and I absolutely couldn't wait to see them dressed up in matching clothes, so I put them on today, even though Sophie was suffering through a nasty ear infection.
DSC_0060
So we're looking a wee bit disheveled in these pictures, but I still think they look SO cute all matched up.
DSC_0066
Oh, and did I mention Sophie has learned how to take her clothing off?  Lovely.
DSC_0067
She eventually leaned in for a kiss, but this is as far as she got, which is okay because really, Scarlett doesn't need an ear infection also.
DSC_0073
Steven and I have also decided among us that Sophie is going to be a really funny kid once she starts speaking in sentences.
DSC_0087
Just something about her already tells us she's a jokester.
DSC_0093
I am also consistently amazed at how much she understands.  I asked her, "Do you want to wear your sunglasses on your eyes?" and she nods.  And sure enough:
DSC_0092
That's what she wanted.
***********************
During Soph's naptime today, Scarlett and I went to a local quilt show.  I'm not a "quilter" per se, but I like all the fabrics and I'd really like to learn how, eventually. (You know, when I get my spare time and both hands back to myself for more than 5 minutes at a time, which will probably be when both kids are off to college.)  But I did take some pictures for my sister-in-law, Jenny, who is an accomplished sewer (seamstress?) and even has her own shop - go check her out!
DSC_0080
Jenny, you could totally make these things!
DSC_0083
(Ok, is the onesie dress cute or hokey? I couldn't tell... I was surrounded by EXTREMELY hokey things, and it seemed to be something cute and current in a sea of chintz....)
Here was my favorite quilting idea: recreating your kid's art onto a quilt.
DSC_0084
Come on, that's adorable.
DSC_0085
The quilt show was pretty well attended.
DSC_0086
And there were some seriously time-intensive quilts.
DSC_0081
The squares on this one were about the size of a post it note.  Maybe smaller. I can't even imagine how long it must have taken to put together.
DSC_0082
We're planning to have a quiet rest-of-the-weekend, so Sophie can rest and recover from her ear infection.  She's been pretty mopey and cranky and short-tempered so far...here's hoping she feels better tomorrow.  I'm going to try to keep up with the posting regularly - it may be the only way for me to track the kids' development, since I am woefully terrible at updating the baby book.  Maybe I'll just print the blog someday.... (add that to my to-do list. :)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Great Pictures! After we got done skyping with you I told Josh I wish I had gotten a better look at the girls in their matching outfits! So cute!! Thanks for the quilt show pics, too! I always love some good old-fashioned sewing pics! Now I just need to put some of my own on the blog! :)