Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Ten Minute Hairstyle

(Not how long the pigtails took to do, but how long they survived little toddler grabby hands...)

This morning was Sophie's second time in pigtails in all of her fifteen months.
DSC_9621
You know I'm cute.  I know I'm cute. Let's all just acknowledge it.


She looked so stinking cute, and I think she thought so too.  The problem with the pigtails is that, while they are extraordinarily adorable, they are much like a sighting of Haley's Comet -- you get a glimpse and then you blink and its gone, and you've got to wait a really, really long time for the next sighting.
DSC_9635
I didn't realize how long her hair has gotten until we did these pigtails today - she's nearly got enough hair for a regular ponytail.
DSC_9633
Although we still do have a long-bangs-resembling-a-mullet problem.
DSC_9628
Plus, she has these incredibly wild and untame-able cowlicks.  I tried to comb her hair with a wet comb to flatten them down.  It sort of worked.  For ten minutes anyway.
DSC_9627
By the time she rode in her carseat over to Target, the pigtails and any attempts to comb down her wild hair were long gone.
DSC_9625
Like, Mom, I am totally still cute even when I have crazy hair.

Oh well.  At least I have documented proof of how cute the pigtails looked while they lasted.
DSC_9624
Maybe we'll try a hairstyle again in another 6 months or so. :)

No comments: