Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pigtails!

I finally bought the right size rubber bands to put Sophie's hair in pigtails.
DSC_9351
And with one snap of the rubber band, she grew up from a baby into a little girl!
DSC_9325
Eeek! She looks so much older with a "hairstyle."
DSC_9328
I'm not sure I can handle it.
DSC_9329
She went to school one day this week with her piggy-tails in, and the folks at school oohed-and-aahed over her.
DSC_9331
I might not be ready for pigtails. I might not be ready for her to look so grown up.
DSC_9341
I mean, that's no baby -- that's a certified toddler right there.
DSC_9358
Aack! Someone slow down time!
DSC_9364
The good thing about the baby-to-toddler transition:  We get to enjoy new things that babies don't do, such as "playing pretend in cardboard boxes."
DSC_9373
A room full of toys and she wants the cardboard box!  :)  Warms my heart.
DSC_9371
Once she discovered the hide-and-seek potential of the top flap, it was ON.
DSC_9374
Where is Sophie?
DSC_9375
There she is!!
DSC_9376
So maybe it will be okay for her to grow into toddlerhood.  Its proving itself to be quite a fun age, even if I'm not ready for her to look so grown up in her pigtails.  Time is flying by too quickly these days!

2 comments:

Kristin and Adam Salvia said...

she is so beautiful! isn't it amazing the wonders pigtails do for a baby mullet?! love!

Nana said...

LOVE her piggy tails~!!! So adorable!! kisses and hugs