Thursday, November 3, 2011

Mornings At the New House

Had to get up extra early this morning for a leadership conference that started at 7:30 AM across town.  After we got up and made it downstairs at about 7 AM, Sophie needed a diaper change before Steven took her to school.  I have Sophie's diaper changing pad set up on the window seat in our downstairs office (so that I don't have to carry her up and down the stairs for every diaper change -- she is 25 lbs heavy now).  Looked out the window to see that the sun was just barely starting to rise over the treetops in the woods behind our house.  The sun itself hadn't made it over the treeline, so it was just the warm glow of the pending sunrise, and all the beautiful colors that come with a Fall sunrise.

I wish I'd captured a picture -- I'll try to do it another time -- but it took my breath away. The bay windowseat in our home office faces southeast, so it was a perfect view of the sunrise.  Quite a nice way to start such an early morning.  I love our new house.
--------------------
Edited to add:

Here's a picture Steven took today of our house on the sunset side of the day.
DSC_9140

1 comment:

Kristin and Adam Salvia said...

you have such a beautiful home!!