Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Bet you thought we forgot about you.

It wasn't so much forgetting to blog.  It was more in not having a free hand with which to type anything.  That, of course, combined with the fact that most, if not all, of my cute pictures of Sophie are immediately put up on Facebook, and my random thoughts are usually captured by Twitter.  I've apparently spread my social networking self too thin.

DSC_8933

So perhaps we should redefine this space.  I started the blog to keep track of all the crafty things I was working on -- the knitting, the cooking, the gardening, the home improvement tasks.  Sadly, I haven't picked up my knitting needles in over a year now, and although I did cook dinner tonight, I don't know that anyone wants to see pictures of homemade chicken nuggets and Velveeta Shells & Cheese.  (Or perhaps people do, who knows?)

DSC_8936

At this point, I'd just like to keep the blog from fading away altogether, so I'm going to make an effort to post at least one thing a week.  At least one picture, at least a few words, at least a blip on the radar.  I do feel like this whole "parenting an infant" has gotten somewhat easier as Sophie has gotten older.  That being said, we have spent the last week in The Valley of the Shadow of One-Year Molars, so perhaps its not easier, just different.  Thankfully, I think we are nearing the end of Molar Madness (OH DEAR LORD QUICK SOMEONE KNOCK ON WOOD, as I'm certain I've just jinxed myself), so perhaps I'll be coming up for air more often now.

DSC_8859

Our next little girl, Scarlett, is due on January 31, 2012. I've scheduled her c-section already for February 1, because two-one-one-two is a cool birthday. This pregnancy has gone by so unbelievably fast, I still sometimes forget that she's going to be here so soon. I'm not sure how I'll survive working full time with two tiny kids, but then again, I wasn't sure I'd survive when Sophie got here, and here I am.  I can't wait to see what the next year brings.  If its going to be anything like 2011, it will be wholly exhausting and simultaneously the most fun we've ever had.

DSC_8873

3 comments:

Kristin and Adam Salvia said...

SHE IS SO STINKING CUTE!!!! we have got to get all of these little girls together one day!!

The Mulvihills said...

I'm all about pictures of shells & cheese. Bring it.

Ms. Debbie said...

Was delighted to see the pictures and see that you are going to keep blogging.
Mom