Saturday, May 7, 2011

On My First Mother's Day

Those of you that know my husband know that he is a man that loves technological gadgets. I love this about him, because it often results in my getting some extremely cool techie presents for special occasions. (he's also a regular over at Williams Sonoma around the holidays....a true Renaissance gift-giver.)
So I'm back with the mobile blogging, but now I am proud to inform you that I am officially blogging from my brand new iPad! Sophie and Steven both got it for me... ;). And I super super love it.


See? I can blog and take pictures and post them, all from the iPad. Mighty cool. For example, you've just seen a picture of my very fancy new "Mommy-Pedi" that I got this afternoon before we went to a dinner party.

Whats a "Mommy-Pedi," you ask? Oh, it's a new pedicure offering at my new favorite salon, which is conveniently located in my master bath and consists of me and a bottle of Cherry Red OPI nail polish in the last 10 minutes before we left the house for the dinner party. I am nothing but classy all the way.

Finding myself at my first mothers day, I'm feeling pretty good. Sophie has started sleeping through the night ThankYouJesus!!, but none of my clothes fit right. Old ones are too small, maternity clothes way too big, and the two pairs of "in-between" pants that I bought thinking I'd be much smaller much faster than this... Well, I am certainly getting my money's worth out of them.

So we are at a crossroads, with two potential directions we could take:
(a) buy more clothes, or (b) get smaller.

I'd prefer not to buy more clothes this size, as i feel like that would be admitting defeat. So my only option here is to Get Smaller. Preferably as quickly as possible. It's not a matter of not knowing how to do this, it's just a matter of being too tired to get started. I know I'll feel better and have more energy if I can just get out the door and start running again. It's such a catch 22. Oh well. I'll get there eventually.

6 comments:

Erica said...

It was a full year before I lost all of my baby weight. Don't buy the new clothes. Give it some more time. And HAPPY FIRST MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!!

Mom said...

Have a wonderful Mother's day, Heather! I love your "mommy-pedi". I just did a pedi too, OPI Japanese rose garden. You are blessed with a wonderful baby girl. Sending hugs to you. Love, Mom

Mom said...

Have a wonderful Mother's day, Heather! I love your "mommy-pedi". I just did a pedi too, OPI Japanese rose garden. You are blessed with a wonderful baby girl. Sending hugs to you. Love, Mom

Tracy said...

I bought a lot of clothes in a bigger size, when I was still feeling/looking huge and could not imagine ever having the energy to do anything about it, and now I regret it because I am swimming in them. I haven't even lost much weight yet--maybe a few pounds. I think the post-pregnancy body just takes a long time to get back to a more "normal" shape. Hang in there!

Tracy said...

Oh, and a belated Happy Mother's Day to you!

jewels said...

i love you :) i can relate to the two options even before having a baby. i'm sure i'll be in the same spot in about, oh, 3 months... let me know your final secret to finding the motivation!!!