Monday, May 30, 2011

Lookie What I Can Do!

Before Sophie was born, I presumed [VERY incorrectly] that I'd still have plenty of time to do all the things I used to do, like blog and knit and garden and learn new crafty things....

After Sophie arrived, I presumed that I'd never again pick up yarn and needles.  I packed my yarn away in a box in the garage and bid it farewell.  People kept promising me that it would get easier, that eventually I'd have a tiny glimmer of free time again.

Turns out, I'm wrong again, because in the past few weeks, I have learned to crochet!
DSC_7899
So this...

Became these:
DSC_7894
Those are granny squares, to be precise.  They are easier than they look.  Apples included for scale.
DSC_7901
I don't think I've got enough yarn to make a whole blanket, but its probably enough for a "lovey" for Sophie.
DSC_7893
And speaking of Sophie, she would like you to know that this blanket will match her paci, thankyouverymuch.
DSC_7846
She's such a funny little girl.  I love her so very much.
DSC_7830

1 comment:

Matt Huff said...

Sophie is blessed to have you and Steven as parents!