Saturday, January 8, 2011

Christmas Redux and a Couponing Trip

You may remember that I mentioned wanting to do Christmas over again, since we were so sick during the week of Christmas.  Well, I finally dressed up our little elf and pretended it was December 25 again.

DSC_6767
Hey. Who you calling little?


DSC_6773
We invited some friends over for a "pretend Christmas dinner," and we made turkey, stuffing, and the works.
DSC_6804
Michael and Sophie played together in their Christmas gear.
DSC_6780
I wonder if, twenty years from now, we will remember that this wasn't actually on Christmas day, or even in the month of December...
DSC_6777
Michael is about two months older than Sophie, and its fun to watch where he is in the developmental stages, because I know Sophie is right behind him.
DSC_6781
He's such a funny little guy - he's got a big personality already!
DSC_6791
They watch each other so intently when they are together, and I swear Sophie learns stuff from him.
DSC_6783
She was in such a fun mood today - she laughed for the first time, and she had lots of "awake and playing" time during our "Christmas Re-do."
DSC_6789
Look ma, I'm walking!
Of course, lots of playing will usually lead to....
DSC_6794
...being totally zonked out at 6 pm.  Sweet baby.  Playtime is exhausting.
---------------------------
In other fun news, I had my second official couponing trip today.
DSC_6774
I think I did pretty well.  Here are the stats:

Before sales and coupons: $142.77
After sales and coupons, I paid: $37.88!

I got:
10 Healthy Orchard juices = FREE
4 Ziploc Container sets = $0.46 each
2 Seventh Generation Dish Liquid = FREE
4 boxes Finish Dishwasher Tabs = $0.49 each
4 Oral Pulsar toothbrushes = $3.00 each (These are normally like seven bucks. And we needed new ones since we got sick.)
10 cans Campbells Chunky soup = $0.56 each
2 jars Prego sauce = $2.89 each (These weren't on sale but they were part of the "meal deal")
HT Fettuccine, Garlic Texas Toast, Parmesan Cheese, and 2-liter Pepsi = FREE (the rest of the "meal deal")

Not half bad!  I think some of my coupons might not have rung up completely right, because I think my total "out of pocket" should have been closer to $25, but I'm not going to complain.  I'm still getting the hang of the couponing, and I can't yet do the instant math at the register to make sure everything's ringing up exactly right.  But I'm getting there!

Merry Second Christmas In January, everyone!

1 comment:

Matt Huff said...

Cannot wait to visit you guys! I did our grocery trip this week, and I think Kristen wishes I could get bargains like that! :) Love you!