Wednesday, October 20, 2010

One Week Old Already?!

I can't believe how much she's grown up in just a week.
DSC_6259
We got home from the hospital on Thursday evening and spent the weekend trying to figure out how to feed a VERY hungry baby.  She was a week and a half late, and she showed up with a serious appetite. Unfortunately, I spent the weekend playing catch-up, and we ended up having to supplement her with formula for two or three days.
DSC_6254
Luckily, the milk has arrived, and Sophie is oh-so-glad about it.  She's already back to her birth weight.
DSC_6261
She zonks out like this about half an hour after she eats, and she's out for at least an hour or two.
DSC_6258
Which means I get a chance to try to take her picture with one arm while holding her in the other.  It's hit or miss...but I did get some good shots of tiny baby hands...
DSC_6256
I'm trying to figure out what clothing will fit her right now.  The 0-3 month sizes are too big, but some of the newborn stuff is already too small.  She may or may not have worn the same outfit two days in a row earlier this week.  If the onesie fits, why take it off?
DSC_6257
So now we are working to determine what kind of schedule Sophie is going to make for herself.  I'm feeding her on demand and letting her sleep and wake and do everything in the timing that she wants, and I'm waiting to see a pattern take shape.  Right now, she likes to eat alllllllllllllllll day long, but she managed to sleep from midnight until 4 am last night, and Mommy was mighty pleased by that development.  My parents get here tomorrow, and I can't wait for them to meet little Miss Sophia!

1 comment:

(cousin) Becky said...

She's gorgeous:) The 0-3 stuff will fit before you bat an eye. Thomas is already into 3-6 mo stuff with a few hand-me-down sleeper too tight in that size already! Can't remember if I recommended it already or not but I'm loving the book Wonder Weeks by Hetty Vanderijt. I got it when Ella was 9mo but it has tons of info about tiny babies that is super interesting/helpful this time around. Keep up the good work, mom! :-)