Saturday, September 4, 2010

My Cup Runneth Over

Well, Sophie and I are already blessed beyond measure, and the baby shower that I've actually KNOWN was coming isn't even HERE yet.  Holy cow of awesomeness.

My sweet family sent these gifts in the mail, and they all happened to arrive on the same day!  Our porch was overloaded with UPS packages -- Steven thought I'd gone on another yarn binge. :)

DSC_5797

This picture is for my brother Matt and his wife Kristen -- look how pretty the wrapping is for the gift you sent!  I always wonder what the end result will look like from sending gifts online - now you know!
DSC_5806

And my Mom sent us the most adorable personalized M&M's!
DSC_5809
Aren't they adorable? They've taken up residence in the fridge for now (next to the Philly Cream Cheese, I will note -- two items of excellent healthful value . . .) but I have a feeling they won't last long in there.  I keep eyeing them hungrily...
DSC_5811
About a month ago, my boss told me to be ready for a "case status update" meeting, since both myself and another attorney could potentially be out of the office simultaneously.  (She's going to Italy for 2 weeks.  I could be going to L&D.  Not quite the same level of relaxation, but I can deal.)  So, I dutifully prepared my case list and had it all nice and printed out for our meeting.  
We headed over to my favorite mexican restaurant to have our "case status" meeting over lunch, and then all of a sudden, Steven was there?  With some of the other partners from the firm?!  At first, my brain saw the Estates and Trusts attorney and thought: "Oh perhaps Steven has decided to get us a will done?"
Turns out, there was no case status meeting.

58543_739943660368_55709668_40841699_4127240_n
Instead, the sweet and generous folks at my office had decided to throw me a surprise baby shower!  (And of course they laughed at me for gearing up for this big status meeting... oh well.)

47970_739943685318_55709668_40841700_4901567_n
It was so very thoughtful of them and so unexpected.

47934_739943700288_55709668_40841701_2282505_n

And as you can see by the grin on my face, I was utterly gobsmacked and delighted.  (The presents filled up Steven's car.  It was craziness.)
47934_739943705278_55709668_40841702_7457778_n

So, here we are, thirty days away from the due date.  I'm feeling really good (although apparently I wear the same blue-and-white-striped shirt every Saturday...Gimme a break, I like this shirt...)  So we thought we'd give you a glimpse of all the fantastic baby gear that friends and family have gotten for us thus far.  Again, we are so so blessed and grateful.
(My Aunt Sandi specifically requested a picture of the pack-and-play, so here it is! It arrived safe and sound on the doorstep and it is super fabulous! Thank you!)
DSC_5826

We put together most of the stuff today, which is why we decided to take a pic of it all grouped here in the foyer.  The stroller/carseat combo thing is so fun - I've been wheeling it around the house!  The folks at work chipped in and got us the car seat AND the high chair, and a dear friend who I used to work with got us the bouncy seat - I am thinking of putting it in my office for when Sophie visits!  
DSC_5823
And, just for good measure, here's a 35-week (nearly nine months!) belly picture for you.  I think we're nearly ready for her to arrive!
DSC_5832
I think I may spend the weekend writing thank yous...
DSC_5834

Thank you friends and family - and I am so excited and in awe that there's still another shower yet to go!  Gosh we have really wonderful people in our life.  I am just tickled pink, you guys!

1 comment:

mom said...

A new baby sure needs a lot of "stuff". ENJOY parenting sweet Baby Sophie.... [hug]
Soooo, here's a song for you,

Look at this stuff
Isn't it neat?
Wouldn't you think my collection's complete?
Wouldn't you think I'm the girl
The girl who has ev'rything?
Look at this trove
Treasures untold
How many wonders can one cavern hold?
Lookin' around here you'd think
(Sure) she's got everything
I've got gadgets and gizmos aplenty
I've got whozits and whatzits galore.