Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Trip to Twins Territory

I have so much that I ought to (a) photograph so I can (b) tell you all about it.  Like my new sunglasses that Steven got me for my birthday.  Or the garden, which is in a terrible state of overgrowth.  I yanked up two zucchini plants in a fit of organizational madness over the weekend.  The garden looked crazy with too many enormous zucchini plants, and now I think it might even look worse without them.  Oh well.  The tomatoes are still growing nicely, and it appears I may have a cantaloupe buried in the leaves somewhere, so all is not (yet) lost.

The only pictures I have to show you right now are from our recent visit to Twins Territory.  My sister-in-law, Jenny, managed to blog our escapades in a much more organized fashion.  Therefore, I direct you to her first, for the full scoop.  Then you can come back here and read the extra random stuff from me.

Steven thoroughly enjoyed his first visit to the Twins' new outdoor stadium.  We posed for a photo op in the Big Glove (all three of us! Or maybe I just had too much cotton candy!)

DSC_5558

Steven got his picture taken with Kirby.  Of course.

DSC_5540

And Steven found "Gate 34."  The gates are not labeled in numerical order, but instead are given the jersey numbers of Great Twins of the Past.  Number 34?  Oh, I bet you know... (hint, hint, see big yelling bronze guy, pictured above.)

DSC_5550

Steven and I attended the first game by ourselves, and then the family joined us for the second game.  It rained for about half of the game.  Steven and his dad braved the elements in plastic ponchos.

DSC_5617

We spent the rest of the weekend hanging out in Rochester with the fam, relaxing over lunch and watching a movie.  A great trip, but far too short.  Partially because Sun Country only flies from Minneapolis to Dulles at the god-awful hour of 7 AM.  Curse you, Sun Country!

Anywho.  I realize I owe you all a sideways-shot tummy picture.  We're officially beyond the 6-month mark now. (25 weeks this week!)  I keep meaning to take the pic for you.  I promise we'll take one soon.

I did manage to do a bit more decorating in Sophie's room this weekend though, which I also need to show you.  We bought the wrong size curtain rod, so I have to get a new one before the room is ready for its photo shoot.  I still need to pick out a rocker though.

And Steven will want to show you the latest mulching and bricklaying job that he's done to the front yard.  Its really impressive, especially if you consider that each of the bricks probably weighs 10 lbs., and he had 42 of them.

Oh, and I learned to replace a toilet seat.  Sans pictures.  You're probably glad.  Gee whiz.  What a scintillating life we lead!

No comments: