Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Little Pumpkin

Well, you've probably noticed that I've been strangely absent from the blog for the past few months.  A bit distracted.  Lacking in content.  Or perhaps even (oh, don't say it!) boring.  


And now I am here to explain myself.  I have a good reason for the lull.  And it has something to do with this:

DSC_5247

A weird knitted pumpkin, you ask? Well, not exactly...

DSC_5249

Yep, you guessed it. We're expecting Baby Steele. The due date is October 4, hence the tiny pumpkin hat. But that's not the most shocking part. The most shocking part is that this tiny hat is the only item I have knitted for le bebe so far. And we've known for nearly four months now. I've been keeping it secret since we found out in late January. (And believe-you-me, that's a long time for me to keep my mouth shut about something.)

DSC_5252

So, the cat's out of the bag. And I'm relieved to tell you, to be honest. It was getting to where I couldn't think (or blog) about anything else.  We are very happy and excited. We've even picked out names already. (We find out the gender in mid-May.) Here's the most recent ultrasound picture from two weeks ago. I'm taking bets now as to what you think it might be. (And no, Steven. It's not a T-Rex.)

sc00252fb4-1

You've got a 50/50 chance of getting it right. And yes, we will be finding out the gender. Me and my type-A self will need as much control over this admittedly uncontrollable process as possible.  

But no, I will not tell you the names we've picked. That part will stay a secret. Guesses are welcome.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Congratulations!!!:) 10/4 was Ella's due date. It's a good day:)

laura said...

CONGRATS!!! i am a little not surprised though--you were queuing all this bebeh stuff but i didn't want to jump in your business. for all i knew it was for a coworker.

anywho CONGRATS!!!

The Mulvihills said...

We are beyond excited for you guys!!! The hat is adorable!!!!

Samantha said...

Wonderful...congratulations! We're so happy for you and Steven. Good job keeping it secret for so long!

Daniel Jay said...

Mom and I are really excited! Boy or girl, I can't even guess. He or she is perfect to me.

denisemoody said...

But have you bought the Bambino any Twins gear yet? So far Tom has resisted though we do already have some Vikings items he picked up. We are due 10/10 so I totally understood your post from a couple of weeks ago about the laundry pile and boycotting the grocery store--we had so much take out in February it was sad. Hope to see you guys when you come back for a home game at Target Field! Congrats!