Monday, September 7, 2009

Tri It, You'll Like It

All over our neighborhood these last few weeks, there were advertisements for the upcoming triathlon. Each morning, I would pass a sign that said "Bike Route, this way" with a big arrow.

At some point while I was passing those signs, I thought about getting up early that morning to cheer on the participants. Back when Steven and I ran our 5K, one of my favorite parts was the gaggle of people on the sides of the road, clapping and yelling.

So at 7 AM on Sunday morning, I sneaked out of bed, pulled on a sweater and jeans, brewed some coffee, and tiptoed out the door with a hot cuppa joe to cheer from my front stoop.

DSC_2907

About an hour later, Steven (and the camera) found me.

DSC_2906

"Woo! Keep going, you can do it!" Sitting out there watching the bikers go by, I was totally inspired. I am so going to do this triathlon next year. Totally. I just need to get a bike first. And a pool pass.

DSC_2910

Me and Carlie had a special little cuddly moment together as she sat on my lap outside.

DSC_2911

I realize she's not getting any younger, and after a couple of medical scares this year, I'm taking every chance to just hug her and love on her.

DSC_2914

I love my little gal. :)

No comments: