Friday, September 11, 2009

Mambo Italiano

Alright, I can't hold it in any longer, so I'm spilling the beans.

We're going to Italy!

Florence

Specifically, we are flying into Rome, then taking the train to Florence (where we will watch the sun set at Piazza Michelangelo, pictured above (that's where the Statue of David is, or at least a reproduction of it, since I think the original is encased in glass somewhere in a museum in Florence), then taking the train to Venice, and then flying back from Venice.

OH MY WORD I AM SO EXCITED I CAN BARELY STAND IT. I've been practicing my Italian with CD's, but I think we will still stick out as tourists, no matter how well I can roll my R's. Oh well. I will wear my fanny pack with pride and eat my gelato and take a bazillion pictures for all of you.

Part of me still can't believe its really going to happen. I will probably still be pinching myself as we board the plane...

So wish us buon vacanza! I won't post exactly when we are going, because I'd prefer not getting robbed while my house is vacant, but suffice to say its coming up soon!

2 comments:

Steven said...

IT IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!!!!!

Erica said...

I am SO jealous. GO to the restaurant in Florence that I sent you the link to. It is SO good.