Thursday, March 19, 2009

I Like My Haircut, I Really Like My Haircut

Whenever I sit in a salon, the 9 year old in me starts singing this song:



("I like my haircut, I really like my haircut...") Cue my entire family to start singing this song out loud.

Carlie gave me that look the other day, and I knew it was time.

DSC_0949

("Mommy, your hair is embarrassing us in front of the other dogs...")

Steven had been gently recommending a trip to the salon as well, and he thought it would be fun to show you some before-and-after pictures. (You've seen our home renovation, now see our hair renovation...)

Here's the before. I think my last cut/color was maybe 6 months ago (or longer).

DSC_0916

"Hi, we are some embarassingly long roots..."

DSC_0914

Yep, I'm struggling.

DSC_0915

And here's the after:

DSC_0920

Purty!

DSC_0919

I kinda wish it was more stacked in the back (quit laughing and get your mind out of the gutter), but I can always ask for that next time.

DSC_0944

Now that I'm out of school (when will I stop using that excuse for not previously taking care of myself? Probably forever...), I think I'll keep up with the cut/color on a more regular basis. Like maybe every 2 months instead of every 2 years.

In other news, Steven and I have declared this week to be "Recession Eating Week." This does not mean we are eating our 401K's (the government and the markets are taking care of that! Ha! Oh, I crack myself up. Also, neither of us has a 401K, so really, not that funny...)

Recession Eating Week is something like this: buy groceries on Sunday, and your challenge is to not spend a single dime on food for the entire week. You have to eat from the groceries you bought on Sunday for the whole week, including brown bag lunches during the workday and dinners at home each night.

You would think this would be a piece of cake (and for most of you, it is probably your regular practice), but for us (for me, anyway), its really tough -- it means making brown bag lunches for me and Steven by no later than 7 AM (Steven leaves for work right around 7 - 7:30), and then getting home and making dinner by around 7:30 PM (much later and Steven will start looking hungrily at Pringles....) and then convincing myself (and Steven) that we don't need to hit up the DQ after a chicken noodle soup night that was disappointing at best....

We're going strong on Day 4, and tomorrow night is our one freebie night, meaning we can have a Friday night out (and probably a weekend breakfast out, too), but then its back to the grind. I'm going to keep it going as long as we can stand it, and then check the budget at the end of the month to see how much we've managed to save.

And it turns out, I'm not the only one planning a Victory Garden this year. I am looking forward to seeing how this turns out for them -- I wonder if the White House lawn has good dirt?

6 comments:

The Mulvihills said...

Looks great, Heather! You are such a cutie!

Mom said...

Love the new hair color and cut!

The layers on sides look great.

An East Coast reader said...

Why doesn't Steven cook or pack his lunch? Just curious...

Steven said...

Why do I not pack my own lunch? She is just THAT loving! Can you believe it? I am one lucky dude.

Also, as a side, I am horrible in the kitchen. :)

Erica said...

I got to see the cut in person today, and it is even cuter than the pictures relay! I love it!!

tracy said...

Adorable hair!!!