Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Paintmas

You know how most people have Visions of Sugarplums dancing in their heads around Christmastime? I have visions of paint rollers and stir sticks.

DSC_9977

In case you ever happen to buy a house that is painted ORANGE and PINK on the weekend before Christmas, let me explain precisely what you will be doing on your day off, from dawn till dusk:

DSC_9953

Yep. We picked colors on Christmas Eve, bought a shopping-cart full of paint cans, and spent the entire holiday painting like crazy.

This is only about 1/3 of the paint.

DSC_9958

Two things have occurred as a result of this experience. First, I am officially Queen of the Painter's Tape. Second (and resultingly), I have Painter's Shoulder and cannot lift my right arm over my head anymore.

DSC_9960

I'm saving the big reveal for later, to surprise you (and also because we aren't quite finished yet), but suffice to say, its looking more like a home every day we are here.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go ice my shoulder. (Appliances get delivered tomorrow!)

3 comments:

laura said...

dude...that blue tape will be stuck to your clothes for weeks :-)

but yeah...glad to see you and steve opting for something other than peptobismal pink :-)

Mom said...

HOORAY for new appliances!

Congrats.

Painting is lots of fun and all, but aren't you glad that's not your full time job. Hooray for law school graduation and bar exam passing! We are so proud of you and Steven.

Love you always.

The Mulvihills said...

Looks great! Can't wait to see the finished product!