Thursday, November 20, 2008

Waiting . . .

Alright, I'll spill the beans. We put in an offer on a house yesterday. And I am here to inform you that the waiting and waiting and waiting to hear back is unbearable. I remember having to wait like this for bar results, and this is almost worse. With the bar results, I had at least convinced myself that if I failed the bar, I could just go take it again, no problem, it just would delay my life by 6 months or so.

But with the offer, I'm not sure what to tell myself:

"It's ok, they'll probably just counter." But I want them to just take it! I know its unlikely, but I would be so happy if we didn't have to haggle like a merchant in Chinatown. This is not a fake Rolex we're buying here...

"It's ok, they said they would get back to you within 48 hours." Forty-eight hours is an eternity. That's by noonish tomorrow. Tomorrow? I am in my worst Veruca Salt moment, and I want it now! Good thing we didn't offer on a short sale. I would be a total wreck if we had to wait indefinitely.

So I'm here, biting my fingernails. Wish us luck. (Lord knows I'll be even more of a wreck if they accept our offer, since that starts the whole inspections/document review part of the process. Aack. My "what-if" sensors are on hyperdrive.)

3 comments:

Becky said...

But then, you can be our person-we-call-with-annoying-questions when we start the process in January or so!:)

Jaimy and Bret said...

Yay! If it's meant to be your house, I am positive you will get it. And I can't wait to see it! I'm crossing my fingers for you!

Steven said...

Ahh! FYI - We are getting close to a deal with the owner! This is all very exciting!
:)