Sunday, November 30, 2008

Last Day of NaNoWriMo ...

And I MADE IT!

nano_08_winner_large

Fifty thousand words. (50,421 words in 90 single spaced pages, to be precise.)

It is not, by any means, in publishable form. And my characters are petty and childish sometimes, and the dialogue drags, and the story itself isn't even finished. (The main characters still have to make up at the firm's Christmas Party, and then everyone can live happily ever after. Yes, it is that cliche.)

But STILL! Fifty thousand words in one month! I didn't think it was possible.

Steven's already told me what my "next book" should be about. He even picked character names and everything. I told him he ought to write it. He shook his head.

"I'm the big-picture person. You get to write the details."

And that's how we do things, folks. :)

Next up? National Novel Editing-and-Rewriting Month...

3 comments:

Julie said...

AHHHHHHHHH i'm thrilled!
i want to read it. send me a copy now (please).

Jaimy and Bret said...

Congrats, Heather! :)

Steven said...

Way to go babe! That was a crazy amount of typing. Now on to book number 2!! :)

Love ya!