Friday, September 12, 2008

Supply and Demand

There are a plethora of cold hands in my office this Fall.

DSC_8138

And ever since I made my first pair of Endpaper Mitts, there have been several requests from coworkers for their own set of fingerless mitts.

DSC_8139

Why does everyone at work want fingerless mitts, you ask? Because we have to type stuff. Lots of stuff. And the office is a meat locker.

DSC_8137

A meat locker run by a polar bear with hyperthermia. I am embarrassed to admit that these mitts were promised to my friend from work a long time ago. And I just now finished them. One entire winter later. I am the world's slowest retail outlet.

DSC_8131

I've got a third pair on the needles now, in tan and brown. I'll show them to you when I remember to take pictures in the (quickly depleting) daylight hours.

Anyone else want a pair while I'm on a roll? Send me two colors of Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, wait approximately 8-9 months, and you can have a set of your very own. (Maybe. If I don't get distracted by some other project. Which I most certainly will.)

6 comments:

strictlyforpleasure said...

My lovely, but drafty, office is in a very old building on the square in downtown Decatur - and in spite of being in Georgia, it is FREEZING in the winter. I wear fingerless gloves at my desk from November to early March. And while my coworkers make fun of me for it, they freely admit to not being able to feel their own freezing hands as they type.

But my fingerless gloves have a little pouch that slings over to cover my fingertips when I step outside. Do yours have the same feature?

Very cute, by the way. :-)

me said...

Oh my goodness- those are beautiful:).

whatsthedeal said...

They don't have a mitten-part, but I've seen other ones that do. I think I might wear these UNDERNEATH my actual mittens when it starts to get really cold out. Those zero degree mornings walking the dogs can be brutal.

Erica said...

I think that the ones that are currently on my needles are going to be too big. I don't know for sure though, so I don't know what to do!!!

The Mulvihills said...

Heather! You always make me want to start a new project! These look great!

Also, I tagged you on my blog! Check it out!

Calling you...

me said...

I would love a pair - I'll have to hit up the yarn store. Around here I might actually get to use them, too!