Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I could get used to this...

Remote blogging today, from a Cosi near the Rockville courthouse. I could seriously get used to this remote office thing. I've set up shop here with my Pumpkin Spice Latte, my fruit cup and my laptop, and I'm sending a bunch of demanding emails to the law clerks, telling them to "print this!" and "send that!" and "revise this further!"

Its quite fun.

I'm calling this next five minutes my lunch break. I had my first court appearance of the day at at 10:15 this morning, and the next docket call is at 12:30 PM. And then I'm going to camp out here at Cosi for another hour or so, until its time for my last meeting of the day at 3 PM.

Luckily, these are all at least in the same zip code. Such is not always the case. It sounds ridiculously busy, and yet I feel like I'm not getting anything done. Next time, I'm bringing my laptop and a printer.

And maybe my knitting.

Just kidding. I totally brought knitting with me. What, you think I'm crazy enough to spend all day hopping from court to court without a project to occupy my waiting-room moments? A person can only take so much typing on that miserable little Blackberry typepad before you start to go stark raving mad...

Ok, back to work. Wish me luck.

No comments: