Monday, July 7, 2008

Seven... Seven... Steven!

Today is Steven's birthday!

DSC_6885

I always like Steven's birthday because it sits at the height of summer. Unfortunately, since 2004 or so, I've been in school and therefore somewhat distracted from the issue of present-buying. (And also somewhat penniless, which also contributed to the trouble with purchasing gifts, but also just stuff in general. But I digress...)

My lack of good gift-giving abilities has been a problem in the past, as his birthday (along with most other holidays) has tended to sneak up on me and all of a sudden, its July 7 and oh dear Lord let's hit up Target on the way home because I have to get him something! Hurry!

DSC_6883

This year? No school! Some money! Ergo, I planned ahead. (Sort of. I still went shopping on July 6, but I maintain that I knew what I was shopping for this time, which is a huge advance in my world.)

They even got wrapped. Coordinatingly.

DSC_6882

Half of the fun is in having them sit on the counter, untouched, for at least 24 hours. It builds the excitement of "What's in the Bag?"

DSC_6886

So what was in the Bag, you ask? I'm not telling, but I think I did pretty good this year. :)

Okay, okay, now that you're twisting my arm, but just a sneak peek...

DSC_6887
Shock and awe, baby, shock and awe.

Happy Birthday, dear! I'm glad you're my same age again. It was getting lonely here in late-twenties-ville. Love you!

1 comment:

The Mulvihills said...

Happy Birthday, Steven! We're sending you a card in the mail tomorrow! We love you!