Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I Heart Spell Check

Part of my work today involved drafting an Indemnification Agreement, whereby three people would be signing as "indemnitors."

Turns out, Microsoft Word Spell Check does not know the word "indemnitors," and it kept giving me the annoying red squiggly line every time I typed the word. Finally, I got tired of seeing the squiggly red lines everywhere, so I ran spell check on the whole document.

Spell Check respectfully requested that I change "indemnitors" to "inseminators."

I nearly fell out of my chair.

DSC_7246

(On an unrelated note, Pringles would like to inform you that the calla lillies are growing well under his watchful eye.)

2 comments:

Erica said...

OH my gosh. Water has now covered my computer screen. I am totally envisioning the lawsuit stemming from a breach of this agreement - you know a few years from now. The attorneys hired to represent the poor inseminators sitting around trying to figure out what in the heck happened. Hilarious.

laura said...

did you know you can add words to the dictionary?? there is NOT a red squiggly under the word irregardless. they think that's a real word and that worries me. in fact. it keeps me up at night.