Sunday, May 18, 2008

Felonious Ice Cream

Like most Dairy Queen establishments, our DQ has a freezer full of ice cream cakes, each of which can be decorated upon request. Most DQ's advertise cakes that show themes like "Happy Birthday, Jimmy!" or "Congratulations, Graduate!"

Upon looking at the display this weekend, I think our Dairy Queen is in a bad part of town.

DSC_3555

Yikes. I'm not sure what the target audience is for this cake, but wow.

--------------------------------------

As a requirement for admittance to the Maryland Bar, one must (1) pass the Maryland Bar Exam, (2) be interviewed by a member of the Character Committee, and (3) attend a Mandatory Professionalism Course.

I have completed steps 1 and 2, and this weekend culminated step 3.

DSC_3560

It was just as scintillating as you might imagine. I was informed that one must not wear revealing clothing whilst appearing in court, that one ought not to steal from one's clients, and that you can go ahead and write that nasty letter, but just don't send it.

All in all, the course was fine - I didn't mind going, even though it stole away a precious Saturday morning. The problem I had with the course was the location -- Baltimore, Maryland. With an 8:30 AM start time, I was stumbling out of bed at 6 AM on a Saturday. Ouch. I was up so early that Caribou Coffee wasn't even open in time for me to grab a cuppa joe before I left Fairfax. (I knocked on the door, smiled real big, and begged my way in anyway. See? I have a few lawyerly negotiation skills already -- Take that, Maryland!)

The one redeeming moment was the drive back from Baltimore -- it was quite pretty and relaxing.

DSC_3545

I also might have made a little progress on the latest knit. I've been calling this "knitting origami" and it even tends to impress non-knitters:

Exhibit A: a shapeless blob....

DSC_3574

A little folding, and it becomes.....

DSC_3581

the beginnings of a sweet little sweater!

DSC_3578

This is already too small for my niece, so I think it might go in the stockpile-for-future-baby-gifts. Always best to be prepared.

DSC_3585

Its been a bit rainy and gloomy out lately, so we opted for comfort food tonight. Can you guess what's for dinner, at Steven's request?

DSC_3570

And now, I'm off to maybe get a haircut. And color. Possibly. Unless I chicken out.

2 comments:

The Mulvihills said...

Congrats, Heather! Keep going with the baby stuff! It's all super cute!

tracy said...

Your knitting all looks fantastic! I am so impressed. :)