Tuesday, April 22, 2008

An Afternoon With Baby (Vacation, Part Deux)

The next morning, Mom and I got up early to prep the food for lunch. (Yes. We DO have Crunch-N-Munch for breakfast. I find nothing wrong with that.)

DSC_2459

After we'd packed up all the food we could find, we all piled in Dad's car and headed down to see The Baby! Me, Mom, and Chris sat in the back.

Flipped

Dad and Steven maintained their intellectual conversations up front.

DSC_2461
(Dad, keep your eyes on the road, please.)

DSC_2691
Please do not disturb us with your photography. We are discussing the depths of nuclear physics and the resulting effect on Russian literature. Also, we are discussing those brownies we saw you making earlier...

-------------------------------------

We finally arrived and rushed in to find one very sleepy, very-very cute, and very-very-very long-legged baby girl.

DSC_2464

And then Amber the Dog found Chris. And she instantly fell in love with him.

DSC_2469

Dad gave me a formal introduction to our little St. Patty's Day nugget.

DSC_2481

"Nice to meet you, Auntie. I made something special for you, just now. In my diaper."

DSC_2484

Uh oh. Sounds like a good time for the happy new parents to take over.

DSC_2496

We then commenced with the feasting.

DSC_2508

This picture was taken right before I turned Mandy's perfectly spotless kitchen into a Bosnian war zone. With asparagus.

DSC_2505
Sorry again about that, Mandy. Thanks for letting me use your Pampered Chef knife without supervision. And I didn't even cut anyone (that I'm aware of)!

Also, there were dog tricks.

DSC_2523

Amber can do more tricks than Pringles and Carlie combined. Which is good, because she weighs more than Pringles, Carlie, and a dump truck full of bricks.

DSC_2655

However, she is cute and therefore she is forgiven for crushing my spleen.

DSC_2654

Steven may or may not have fought a dog for a frisbee behind this tree. We think he probably lost.

DSC_2525

After food and frolicking with the dog, we commenced with the baby-photo-shoot.

DSC_2535
Hi. Are you related to me, too? Good lord...

Jon-the-dad provided the backdrop and also provided much cooing and pacifier-wrangling.

DSC_2557

DSC_2589
Who are all you crazy people?

DSC_2563
No, seriously, I'm starting to get concerned here...

DSC_2572
I come in Pampers...

DSC_2584
And I am already plotting about how to wrap all you people around these little fingers here...

DSC_2591
Alright. Where's my latte and my trailer? I'm done with this gig...

DSC_2601
Has anyone signed me up for basketball camp yet, by the way?

DSC_2612
I am ... not... tired... yet...

------------------------------
Once we'd completely worn Riley out, it was time for brownies. And for sitting single file on the couch.

DSC_2614

And generally resembling some sort of cheesy sitcom, of sorts.

DSC_2616

Father imparted a little fatherly wisdom, as he is wont to do.

DSC_2513

And we all had a delightful afternoon, full of food and baby and sunshine and no schoolwork or paperwork or anything having to do with me having to sit in an office, whatsoever! Hallelujah!

On the way back, Chris got to hold my very first travelling sock.

DSC_2698

The culmination of a very good and significant day. :) Congrats to you, Jon and Mandy, on your lovely house and your adorable and statuesque baby girl. Welcome to the fam, Riley. Better learn to sing soon!

No comments: