Thursday, February 28, 2008

Free Time

Because I know you're all wondering what on earth I'm going to do with my spare time now that the bar is over, here's a glimpse. :) ("Better reach down and find some TOOLS...") Ha.

I promised myself that, upon completion of the bar, I was allowed to do something creative and non-legal. (Not ILLEGAL, mind you. Just something that doesn't involve remembering the elements of res ipsa loquitur.) Enter a few of my favorite things:

DSC_1432

I have plans to make a big, comfy, cotton blanket, for wrapping up at night while we wait for Spring to arrive. I'm imagining a bright, happy combination of colors. Something sunny.

DSC_1430

When Steven asked me what I wanted for Christmas back in 2006, I said "crayons...the big box."

DSC_1431

How anyone can function without ninety-six colors and a built-in sharpener is completely beyond me.

I tried out a few combos, to decide which colors of yarn to buy.

DSC_1427

(Okay, I tried out a LOT of combos.) I find this an ironic combination of the two sides of my brain -- coloring with crayons, but on GRAPH PAPER. I am nothing if not an enigma. :)

DSC_1429

I think I've decided on these three blues, with a white square in the middle:






Can you picture it? I think I like it -- summery, breezy, ocean-y. But I can't quite pull the trigger and order the yarn for some reason. I'm still mulling it over.

I have my "bar socks" to tide me over until I make a decision.

DSC_1433

I started working on these about a week before the bar -- I would do a few rows each night when my brain couldn't take any more studying. Tweedy, but cute.

DSC_1434

And tomorrow is court again. Yes, they are throwing me right back in the ringer on the-day-after-the-day-after-the-bar. That's fine, I can take it -- I'm Hammerin' Heather Steele. Bring it!

2 comments:

Sean said...

big time bonus points for the wrestling clip

tracy said...

I can't wait for the day when I can use the artsy part of my brain again :)