Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Ringing in the New Year

This is what 2008 looks like.

beautiful 2008

It's a good look. Fresh, clean, new. Unencumbered.

resolutions and coffee

A cup half full.

coffee

An empty page, ready to be filled with ideas, hopes, dreams, resolutions.

resolutions

A big new year, just waiting to be lived.

Sunshiny day

So what does one do with the wide open swath of free time that is January One?

out the window

Why, you go use your Christmas gift cards to buy Guitar Hero, of course.

walking to the car

our purchases

And you hurry home as fast as possible to PLAY IT!

leaving best buy

And whilst the Guitar Hero audience throws food at Steven's virtual guitarist (give him a break, we just bought it today), I worked on Eunny's Endpaper Mitts.

endpaper mitts

I started them in Minnesota while we watched the record-setting Patriots game. The yarn is Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino from Kristin's Knits in Rochester, MN. I heart it. Muchly. In fact, I loved working on these so much that one is already done.

endpaper mitts palm

endpaper mitts side view

endpaper mitts full arm

Something about this fair isle pattern and the combo of chocolate brown and ice blue just makes me really happy.

endpaper mitts

And soon there will be two. And I will walk the dogs with warm hands.

almost done

Happy New Year, folks. May all your resolutions stick for at least a week or so. :)

3 comments:

Erica said...

I have lots of Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino for a blanket I was working on. Perhaps I will repurpose for something that is for me instead!

The Mulvihills said...

Your endpaper mits look great!!! I am so impressed by you knitting! Jay wore your hat today when we went to go have lunch with a frienda and she LOVED it! Josh's brother wants you to knit him one with exactly the same colors. We'll chat....

Tori in Cali said...

I am loving these gloves. I wish I lived in a place where it gets gold enough for me to wear them. I also am enjoying reading your blog.
xo