Saturday, January 26, 2008

Checklist for a Day of Studying

Sleepy Dogs Wearing Clothes?

DSC_1144

And Chewing On My Water Bottles?

DSC_1154

Check.

Something to keep Steven occupied?

DSC_1151

DSC_1149

Check.

Fresh coffee with cinnamon-hazelnut flavored creamer of some sort?

DSC_1171

Check.

Notebook full of outlines needing review?

DSC_1182

Check.

Fun and cozy striped socks that I finally finished?

DSC_1183

Check.

Those little Post-It tabby things?

DSC_1178

Check.

Fairly depressing subject matter?

DSC_1179

Check.

DSC_1180

Let the highlighting and rote memorization begin.

--------------------

I tend to work on a rewards system, and this weekend's reward is that I get to try to make a Crock Pot Pulled Pork BBQ. One of the attorneys at work is a BBQ aficionado, so he gave me a mini-crash-course in BBQ. I took notes. On a Post-It. (I should buy stock in 3M. I am a Post-It hoarder.)

DSC_1175

I warned him that I am a beginner, and I may end up just using my McCormick mix stuff instead...we'll see how it goes. Studying first, people. Food is secondary -- especially now that I know Steven can cook...

:)

1 comment:

Erica said...

yay - you finally finished the socks!! I have decided sock knitting is NOT for me. I can't even bring myself to restart the socks I had to frog. anyway, yours are super cute, maybe you'll inspire me to use the yarn I already bought.

second - let me know how the pork bbq turns out. I love the mccormick mix though. and my brother in law did a good pulled pork bbq at christmas, so I might try his recipe. seriously, the smell of pulled pork barbeque all day in the crock pot is almost too much to handle.