Saturday, December 15, 2007

Merry Early Christmas!

So it's a blog. About us. I don't really like the word "blog," because it sometimes symbolizes nerdiness, but what the hey. :) I'm a nerd, I'll admit it.

Its mid-December and Steven and I have decided that we are doing "Hannukah-Christmas" this year, which means we get to open one Christmas gift every night until we run out of gifts. (This is not a politically correct concept, combining these holidays for the sole purpose of spreading out our gift-giving over a week or so. I realize that. Cut me some slack.)

I hemmed and hawed over getting something really good for Steven for Christmas. In the end, I just got a few things I knew would be safe -- things he'd like but nothing that would really knock his socks off.

And, as always, my dear husband went WAY above and beyond with the gifts he got for me (and we haven't even opened them all yet!). Any guesses as to the first gift I opened? Hint: I was so excited about it, I started a blog, just so I could show you this:

DSC_0113

Do you people know what this IS? Its a spoonful of cookie dough, but it is the sharpest, clearest picture of cookie dough that I have ever taken.

Steven bought me a Nikon D40 for Christmas! Eeeee! Its fantastic. It takes amazing pictures, even if you are a novice (which I definitely am). I am shocked at how crisp the pictures are. Its amazing! I am taking pictures of everything I see!

But wait, there's MORE! The next day, I opened a second present, and he got me a gift certificate to Blue Moon Fiber Arts! Anyone who knows me knows that I regularly drool over their sock yarn. Crazy, yes, but there is nothing more warm and comforting on a cold night than handknit wool socks. And I have a gift certificate!!

And the surprises didn't stop there. Today's present was pretty darn fantastic, too! I'm sure you're wondering why I would have cookie dough available to take these fabulous pictures, right?

DSC_0080

That's right - its a KitchenAid Mixer! The really nice industrial strength one -- it mixes faster than any cookie dough should reasonably be mixed. And I LOVE IT.
I love it. I love the cookies I made today. I love how it looks on my countertop, cement gray -- just like Martha's!
Yay!

DSC_0082

All in all, Steven has totally spoiled me this Christmas. He is an excellent gift giver, and just when I thought he'd outdone himself, he handed me another amazing thing to unwrap! Wowie, I am a lucky girl! :)

Here are a few more photos we took with the new camera -- I think I'm getting the hang of it. Enjoy!

DSC_0088

DSC_0161

DSC_0118

DSC_0116

DSC_0052

Hooray for PICTURES! Oh, if The Docket could only see me now... :)

No comments: